Tuesday 28 June 2011

Being Six

Youngest Girl had her 6th birthday.
Her birthday is at the end of June so she always starts her countdown the on the 1st of June.

Opening first presents.



Well her day finally arrived and she had a lovely day, she got many of the things she wanted as I've been paying attention and buying things on her little list for about 2 months.
Here is some of what her day looked like.


My one legged bear
 
 The birthday child is always king or queen for the day, they have pancakes and sweet cereal as we homeschool they get a day off with fun activities. This time was a little different as they ALL had pancakes because I'm trying something new, I got the idea from http://jennipriceillustration.blogspot.com/ have a look your kids will love it. We had rabbits, flowers,frogs and whatever else I could make with the left over batter.
Youngest Daughter loves to dress up so she got a pink velvet skirt and matching neck tie with a large birthday cake pink velvet hat. She has been bugging me for a watch so that was one of her gifts too.





As you can see she is a bit of a poser.

This was supposed to be a frog.
 

 
These were some mini cupcakes I made, we ate these at lunch time because Husband and Teenager were at work and school and cake is always needed in some form or other on a birthday after a meal.        


Here we are about to have the birthday meal,

and here I am about to deliver the eagerly awaited cake.
Look at this face, we are singing 'Happy Birthday'
 her cake is in front of her and she couldn't be more pleased.


Again with the posing. Youngest Daughter wanted a butterfly cake so I googled  different ones and settled for this one. I used pre-made roll out icing this time and I think it turned out pretty good. Quite tasty too.

1 comment:

  1. Your toddler looks like he was helping the birthday girl open her present, i love the one legged bear and what a wonderful tub of cup cake, well done.
    the birthday hat top it all. i cannot wait to see you all. Herminxxx

    ReplyDelete