Tuesday 28 June 2011

Fathers Day

I've always enjoyed baking but I'm trying to be a bit more creative, so when fathers day was approaching I decided to make a shirt cake. Now I'm the type of person who would rather try to make something myself to avoid the many preservatives that are in so many of the foods we eat and this is what I tried to do with this cake. I tried to make my own roll out icing. As you can see I didn't succeed as I'd hoped to. 
I now know that there are a few more ingredients in roll out icing than just icing sugar and water.
Although Husband was very happy with his shirt cake all I could see was drippy shirt. So I made the decision to make any future cakes with pre-made roll out icing.
As you can see the girls had fun helping me with the clean up, Middle Daughter was actually lying across the island licking all the icing sugar that she could.
 
I found some  ideas from other sites to make some great gifts for fathers day, one was this photo of the kids, I can't remember where I found it but I will search for it so I can give credit where it's due.  Husband really loved this gift and and I must say I do too.





JAMES 1:17
Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.







2 comments:

  1. The things that you do with the family is amazing, its makes me want to jump right in and have a go as well, I think i will just have to come and live with you all. I love the birthday cake and the shirt & tie. I am looking forward to some of that lovely looking cake
    love and kissesxx Hermin

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol at the icing licking....a girl after my own heart!!!!

    ReplyDelete