Monday 11 February 2013

When Hubby Put His Back Out

When hubby put his back out I thought he would finally be able to get the rest he's needed for a really long time. I truly believe that sometimes if you overwork yourself and don't give your body a break then God finds a way. "He maketh me to lie down in green pastures" Psalm 23:2.
Well thankfully hubby did get a rest, a really good one. He caught up on loads of the paper work that he's been meaning to do for ages all in a semi flat position and laptop nearby.
I was at hand to get him everything he needed and I really didn't mind..... To begin with it made me much more efficient than I had been recently,(i'm thankful for that) having to be super organised with homeschooling, tidying, cooking, cleaning all while tending to poor pained hubby. He was very gracious and kept apologising "i'm sorry you have to take care of me", but 'in sickness and in health' right? He'd do the same for me, and has done in the past. But here's the twist, after a while as much as I love my dear hubby it did get pretty tiresome going up and down stairs to fetch him things or bring him things or help him sit up or help him lie back down etc..... I couldn't even really get annoyed because he was just too sweet although I was beginning to get just a little eensy weensy teensy bit frustrated. Now I've got kids so i've done the broken sleep thing, the doing things around a baby's schedule thing and all the other things. I've done it FIVE times so really I should have the patience of a saint, but the more I think about how much time i've spent taking care of my kids the more I realised one very important and very different element between them and my lovely hubby.
BABIES ARE CUTE.
They're a bundle of absolute adorable squishy loveliness that's how we get through it. They look at us with their tiny little vulnerable faces, chubby little fingers outstretched letting us know they're hungry or tired and through our hazed half opened eyes we love them more and more. This is clearly how it's supposed to be, how God designed it, otherwise with all the little mites put us through we wouldn't want anymore. Would we?

No comments:

Post a Comment