Saturday 2 February 2013

Hand Me Downs

My first child is a boy, a tall, bushy haired skinny thing (with a few biceps he's quite proud of). We kept pretty much all of his clothes for possible future boys, but then I had three girls in a row, lots and lots of pink and frills and flowers and ribbons and pretty, pretty pretty. When we had baby number five a boy, out came those clothes from 12 years before only they weren't all as wonderful as I remembered and they were mostly the wrong season. So new clothes were bought and some old ones were used too - great! But please tell me, am I a bad mother if I let my three year old boy wear some hand me down clothes that weren't from his brother? Is it all right to put him in pink pyjamas? Have I done that? Well, er nobody saw only family at home! Will he be scarred? No i'm sure he'll be just fine. As long as he doesn't find the home movie footage of him tap dancing in big sisters pretty cream tap shoes. oh dear!

No comments:

Post a Comment